Well, today started with a 2 and a bit hour meeting of the managers of the subject teams, where we discussed various things that are going on at the moment. Other than that I have done the following:
- discussed workload for our Library Assistants due to changes to our Customer Services Desk and Helpdesk and due to changes in staff with the other managers in my department;
- chased up access to new subscriptions as the financial year ends on Friday;
- finalised timetable for visit from colleagues at another University Library tomorrow, which was then cancelled;
- collected the things I needed for my training tomorrow;
- liaised with the Business School rep about linking (or not) to the Harvard Business Review;
- had a meeting with the Dean of Maths, Computing and Technology to talk about how we can work better together and the likely changes that will happen over the next few months;
- looked at what Library provision we offer to international students and how this is likely to change in the future;
- talked about what helpdesk support we offer to the business areas in the University and quick wins for improving it;
- summarised how information literacy is assessed in a specific course and looked at the enquiries we received on the library helpdesk from students on that course;
- answered queries about a special collection we are in the process of adding to stock.
So all in all another varied day!